• Home
  • Just Life
  • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment Reviews
  • Contact

Monday, December 22, 2008

Is the Secret Out?

Uh-oh, I think my kids may have found Santa's goodies in our extra bedroom closet. I went to what I thought was my secret hiding place to pull out some more gifts that needed to be wrapped and the huge basket of junk that I had strategically placed in front of the doors was moved aside and the closet door was open. I think the kids were looking for stickers (which I keep in a box in the closet) to decorate our dog's plastic "don't chew your stitches" cone. Side note--she was spade last week and is having trouble leaving her incision alone. Anyway, I have moved the presents and am not sure if I should:
a. Play detective and casually ask the kids where they found the stickers to decorate LuLu's cone.
b. Re-wrap the presents that I think they may have seen so as to throw them off Santa's scent.
c. If on Christmas Day they say "I saw those presents from Santa in the closet" feign ingnorance and say "Presents, what presents?"
d. Just stay quiet.

Maybe I should just remind them that sometimes even Santa needs a little help and on occasion we moms pitch in to lighten his load!

1 comment:

  1. Cute story! I'm surprised that hasn't happened to me! I was actually afraid my little ones would quiz me on Santa using the same wrap Katie saw in my closet. I was going to either act like I didn't know what she was talking about or say something along the lines of Santa needing my help this Christmas with the wrapping. Thankfully, it didn't come up and hopefully not in your household either! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment here. We request word verification to prevent the spammers out there. Thanks a lot!