• Home
  • Just Life
  • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment Reviews
  • Contact

Monday, December 21, 2009

Not So Secret Santa





This year my kids decided that they would like to get each other gifts for Christmas.  Because there are 4 of them and none of them have much money, they decided that they would do a Secret Santa gift exchange.

I was thrilled to see that they were actually embracing the spirit of giving--although I must admit that part of me thought they only wanted to do this because it would mean one more gift for each of them under the tree.  But I decided to be positive and go with the idea that they really do want to find something special for one another.

Anyway, we had them draw names and told them that they had to keep it a secret.  Initially, they were all very excited about the prospect.  They made wish lists and posted them on the bulletin board to give their Secret Santa some shopping ideas.

That lasted about two days because by the end of the week each kid knew who their Secret Santa was.

I guess none of them are very good at keeping secrets.   Although they did manage to keep my husband and me in the dark regarding their loose lips for about a week.

Needless to say, they have purchased gifts for each other and they swear that they will not reveal the contents of their packages.   Christmas is just 4 days away, hopefully they will be able to keep their little traps shut.   We shall see.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here. We request word verification to prevent the spammers out there. Thanks a lot!