• Home
  • Just Life
  • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment Reviews
  • Contact

Friday, September 24, 2010

Pizza & Cocktail Night Is Tonight!

Planning dinners for a family of six can be a challenge.  To help make meal time a little easier and more fun, our family started the tradition of Friday pizza and cocktail night.  

This special night starts with premade dough from Trader Joes and a variety of toppings.   Our kids love rolling out the dough and creating their own culinary masterpieces.  Gone are the days of whining about too much sauce, cheese or pepperoni.   Everyone gets exactly what he or she wants. 

In addition to homemade pizza, my husband tries out a new specialty cocktail each week or creates his own.  My favorite is the Kristini --a raspberry martini with a dash of lemon named after me.   Our kids also get their own kiddie cocktails served in fancy glasses.   Their favorites are Roy Rogers or Shirley Temples loaded with cherries.   It is the one time during the week that they are allowed soft drinks and they love it.

Friday pizza and cocktail night is something the whole family looks forward to each week--especially me.  I love having a day where the meal plan is in place--just get the dough, cheese and some other yummy toppings (my fave is left-over roasted chicken on top of hoisin sauce with shredded veggies and mozzarella cheese).

My whole family love Pizza and Cocktail night.  It provides us an opportunity to cook together while sharing stories about the week and it is a great way to kick-off the weekend! 




2 comments:

  1. I like this plan! You know what your going to have and it seems like they all love it. I just may start that! I like it and the Kristini martini sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a similar plan for Friday nights, but I was missing the cocktails... That will make it perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment here. We request word verification to prevent the spammers out there. Thanks a lot!