• Home
  • Just Life
  • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment Reviews
  • Contact

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Anniversary--To Me!

Yesterday I realized that this month marks my 21st year living in California.  Actually, tomorrow is the day that I moved out here 21 years ago (gulp).  I can't even believe how the time has flown by.

I know this sounds cliche, but it seems like only yesterday that I packed my bags and bought a one-way ticket to the Golden State.  I was an adventurous 22 year old (yep, I just gave my age away) looking to try something new and get out of the midwest winters. Thankfully I had parents who supported my dream to live somewhere warm (I'm originally from a town of 900 in Illinois) and an aunt and uncle who would take me in (they had just moved out here from Wisconsin).   Little did they know that I would live with them for 9 months (and not only me but one of my good college friends).  


When I moved out here two decades ago, I never planned on staying here for good.  I'm not sure that I even thought about how long this move would last.  I think my parents thought I'd always move back, but little did any of us know that I would fall in love with the California lifestyle as well as a handsome guy from this beautiful state (we met at a concert in Golden Gate Park).

Flash forward to the present and here I am with four wonderful kids, a terrific husband, and my slice of the California Dream.

Happy Anniversary California!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here. We request word verification to prevent the spammers out there. Thanks a lot!