• Home
  • Just Life
  • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment Reviews
  • Contact

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday--Did I Miss Out?

I love sales. I love getting a bargain and the high it brings. I’ve been known to come home with various goodies that I didn’t need just because they are available at deep discounts. I rationalize these purchases by telling myself things like: I’m getting 3 for the price of one or maybe one of my friends will want this too or this will make a terrific gift. I’m great at talking myself into a deal. But am I willing to get up at 3:30 a.m. the day after Thanksgiving just to save some bucks? No Way! That is where I draw the line. I like my sleep. I can’t imagine setting my alarm clock and rolling out of bed to get the extra Roll Back savings at Walmart, or the Doorbuster item at Best Buy. The thought of being in a crowd, elbowing my way to get the “hot buy” available during the “six hours of savings” makes me cringe. I just can’t do it. I always thought those who did were a little on the nutty side until today when I talked to my sister and she told me of her after Thanksgiving shopping extravaganza. Yep, she was one of them. She and a few of her friends did the unthinkable---they headed out to the mall at 3:30 a.m. (in the Midwest no less) to load up on Black Friday booty. All and all it sounded like she had a lot of fun. She was able to bond with friends over the thrill of the bargain and she got most of her Christmas shopping out of the way by noon. And as she told me about her loot —the electric Jeep she got for $80 (regularly $200), the iPod ready rocking chairs for $30 (regularly $100), the digital camera for $60 (regularly $150), I couldn’t help but feel a twinge of envy or was that regret?

Share Your Story

Would you be tempted to shop before the crack of dawn? If you have, what was your quest? Come on, tell us your story!!

1 comment:

  1. I never thought I would be tempted to rise that early and shop the madness with others, but with those prices your sister found I may have to rethink my beauty sleep for great bargains!! I also have a sister who spent her entire weekend shopping (friday, saturday and sunday). That to me is too crazy. On the other hand she is completely finished with her shopping and has saved a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment here. We request word verification to prevent the spammers out there. Thanks a lot!