• Home
  • Just Life
  • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment Reviews
  • Contact

Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Night Owl


I've been a night owl lately. I'm not sure what it is. I'm usually tired at 8 p.m. and ready for bed by 9:30 or 10 at the latest. But lately I've been getting a second wind around 9:30 which has me up until midnight. And unfortunately, I'm not using this extra time wisely.

I should be getting a jump start on the next day. I could be using these extra minutes/hours folding laundry, paying bills, putting dishes away, etc. Instead I find myself flipping mindlessly through the tv channels stopping a few minutes here and there catching tidbits of (I'm a bit embarrassed to admit) reality tv shows like Intervention, Secret Lives of Women, Toddlers and Tiaras, When Animals Attack, and E True Hollywood Stories. My husband would cringe if he woke up and saw what trash I get sucked into.

I feel like I must say that I really don't watch that much tv. The only night that I do find myself glued to the tube during prime time hours is Thursday. I love The Office and 30 Rock.

Anyway, I'm trying to get myself back on the sleep track. I've decided that instead of wasting time on bad late night programming, I'm going to read to help me fall asleep. Usually that works. The problem is if the book is good, which the one I'm currently reading is (The American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld) I find I'm up later than I would if I watched a little girl putting in her flippers (fake teeth) for her upcoming pageant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here. We request word verification to prevent the spammers out there. Thanks a lot!