• Home
  • Just Life
  • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment Reviews
  • Contact

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pole Dancing???

Earlier this week my daughter had a play date with one of her good friends.  She was super excited to go to her girlfriend's house (as she always is).  At bedtime, we were talking about what she and her friend N. were going to do and my daughter with a huge smile on her face said that they were going to do some pole dancing.

"Pole dancing?" I repeated with a bit of surprise in my voice.

All I could think was whether or not she stumbled upon some inappropriate Youtube video when I wasn't looking.  And that I should really keep better tabs on her computer use......

Trying to sound very nonchalant, I then asked, "What do you do when you pole dance?"

I tried to stop the thoughts of her spinning around a pole.  

She innocently explained with a giggle how she and her friend liked to use PVC pipe (scraps that they found in her friend's garage) to make batons which they twirl around while dancing in the grass.

With a huge sigh of relief I said, "Oh, that sounds like a lot of fun."

Funny how 10 years ago, I wouldn't have even made this crazy connection---my how times have changed.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here. We request word verification to prevent the spammers out there. Thanks a lot!