• Home
  • Just Life
  • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment Reviews
  • Contact

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Developing Your Interests--Camp Shutter Sisters



by Kristina Rust

Tomorrow, I will be driving down  California's  Highway 1 to Monterey to go to  Camp Shutter Sisters (a photography camp for women).  I can't believe that it is finally here! 

My journey to camp began with the start of the new year, when I set the resolution that I would continue to develop my photography skills by attending workshops or classes.  I made a promise to myself to actually invest in myself--my interests.   

Thankfully I stumbled upon a post about this amazing opportunity in early March.  After reading the details and seeing the list of speakers, I knew I had to go.  So I marked my calendar to sign up on March 16 (the day that registration officially opened).  Later that day, I was surprised to learn that the camp sold out in a matter of minutes and that I was one of the lucky ones who got in.

As the reality of camp began to sink in, I realized that I would be spending 3 glorious nights and four fun filled days with women who love photography as much as I do!  Imagine spending your days focusing on what you love!  It truly is a gift. 

Now that camp is about to begin, I'm filled with excitement and I am so glad that I decided to actually implement one of my New Year's Resolutions.  I guess the purpose of this post is to encourage you all to take time out for yourself and develop what it is that interests you.  You deserve that gift!

For those of you who are not familiar with Shutter Sisters, I encourage you to visit their site.  If you enjoy snapping photos this is a site that will inspire you whether you are a beginner or a pro!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here. We request word verification to prevent the spammers out there. Thanks a lot!