• Home
  • Just Life
  • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment Reviews
  • Contact

Friday, January 6, 2012

The Power of Declarations

There's a funny scene in an episode of "The Office" tv show where Michael Scott declares bankruptcy:



The power of declarations may not be as simple as what Michael Scott thinks.  But they can become powerful statements of attitude and help get you to your goals faster than keeping them quietly to yourself.  Think the little choo-choo train, "I think I can, I think I can...."

Before you get out of bed in the morning, before you even put those feet on the ground, say some simple statements of gratitude or declarations of what you want to accomplish today and tomorrow.

Every night before I fall asleep I make a list of the things I want to do the next day.  When I cross those items off my list I feel a huge sense of accomplishment.  Writing thank you notes, cleaning out my garage, buying groceries for the week and doing meal planning are no small feats.  Everything you do counts.

But also make room for those things you want to accomplish in your LIFE.  What goals do you have to make a change?  With yourself, your family or the community?

This year I'm setting aside time and a space in my house to meditate and exercise.  I bought a jump rope, yes a jump rope, the other day.  Something simple that I can do it in my own backyard.  So far I've jumped 10 minutes 3 times this week.  Seems like an insignificant amount.  But when you have been as inactive as I've been, it's pretty darn good.  The most exercise I typically get is walking my two dogs everyday.  And jumping to conclusions, and  my husband likes to say.

So I am declaring out loud that this is the year I get more active and take care of my health.  Take care of my peace of mind.  From there I can keep the good vibes flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here. We request word verification to prevent the spammers out there. Thanks a lot!