• Home
  • Just Life
  • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment Reviews
  • Contact

Friday, May 11, 2012

@AdoraCalcium - Crave your Calcium

Okay, it's a fact.  I'm getting older - but aren't we all?  But as I get older I am more aware of what I eat and how I move.  That's why I took up yoga recently.  It keeps me limber and brings a calm to my day. It literally keeps me balanced. It's also why I take supplements like calcium and daily vitamins.

I recently had the chance to sample Adora Calcium Supplements in both All-Natural and Dark Chocolate.  These calcium supplements are an indulgent way to add that essential calcium into your daily routine.  Developed by Thompson Brands, they have been around since 1879 creating amazing chocolate confections using only the best natural ingredients. 

The all-natural premium chocolate that is used will satisfy your chocolate craving for the day.  As I mentioned there is the milk chocolate option and the dark chocolate option.  At only 30 calories, you not only indulge your sweet tooth but you get 50% of the daily value of calcium plus vitamin D3 and magnesium for optimal absorption.  You also get the wonderful antioxidants that come from all-natural premium chocolate (read your labels, some chocolate confections are actually only chocolate flavored).  They are gluten-free with no artificial sweeteners.

How much calcium do you need?  On a daily basis, you need to obtain 1000mg of calcium.  That's the equivalent of TWO Adora Calcium chocolates.  That's equal to 200 almonds, 5 slices of cheese, a head of broccoli or 3 cups of milk.  Most of us don't eat those quantities in our daily diet.  Women especially are prone to diseases like osteoporosis as our hormones go through changes.  During menopause, bone mass decreases 3-5% per year.  Just last year my aunt fell and broke her hip.  So I'm aware how important it is to maintain good bone health your whole life.  Did you know a hip fracture is life threatening in elderly women?  Blood clots can develop in your legs and complications can undermine your exercise routine which leads to more and more complications. 

As the mother of 3 girls, it's also important that they get enough calcium.  85% of adult bone mass is acquired by the time they are 18 years old, or age 20 for boys. If your kids smoke, drink soda and caffeinated beverages, they may get less calcium because those foods interfere with how the body takes in calcium. In my household we rarely drink soda and I make sure they drink milk at breakfast and lunch.

So check out Adora Calcium next time you are at Whole Foods, Vitamin Shoppe and other drug stores and grocery stores you frequent.  If you can find it leave a comment on their Facebook or Twitter page.

Facebook:  http://www.facebookcom/CraveYourCalcium
Twitter: @adoracalcium


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here. We request word verification to prevent the spammers out there. Thanks a lot!