• Home
  • Just Life
  • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment Reviews
  • Contact

Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Year in Review: Bringing in the New Year

As I sit here with just a few hours left to 2009 and this first decade of the 21st century, I am excited about the prospects for 2010 and the next decade.  In the three years since I've left Corporate America, I've been rewarded with new friendships and have opened new doors to new adventures and ventures.  Herewith are a few things I learned this year (about myself and others) and hope to master is 2010:
  1. I learned, along with my business partner, how to create a blog, how to discipline myself in writing regularly, and what SEO stands for (Search Engine Optimization)
  2. I researched and learned about digital SLR (Single-Lens-Reflex) cameras, and purchased my first professional camera.  Along with this, I learned about white balance, ISO, F-Stop, aperture, depth-of-field, strobes and TTL (Through-The-Lens) flash.  My goal is to master more aspects of photography and compose an award-winning photograph of some sort.
  3. I learned I love to write, about my family, about what's happening - it's cathartic and rewarding to put words to paper, or blog. 
  4. I learned how to create an LLC (Limited Liability Company), how to get a resale license, and how to cold call to get new clients for our photography business.
  5. I learned my daughters see what I do, and it rubs off on them.  They are now blogging and taking photos.
  6. I learned my husband loves to play the guitar and dreams of being in a band.  Good luck, it may happen since he practices several hours a week.
  7. I learned my daughters need me less and less, but still talk to me about their day and share their funny school stories with me.  I hope that doesn't stop.
  8. I learned I'm enjoying having my 18-year old at home one more year than anticipated, as she decided to take a gap year after high school graduation rather than immediately proceed to college.  It's a nice gift to have her here one more year.
  9. I knew I had great friends, but I learned how supportive and encouraging they were this year as I attempted to try something new.  I'm so fortunate to have these friends.
  10. I learned it's not about the money, but about the journey and the personal reward.
The list could go on, but this puts me in the right frame of mind to bring in the New Year.  To all out there, may 2010 bring new experiences and friendships, as well as strengthen bonds you already have to new depths.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here. We request word verification to prevent the spammers out there. Thanks a lot!