• Home
  • Just Life
  • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment Reviews
  • Contact

Monday, May 23, 2011

What do You Find Pinteresting?

I recently found Pinterest and needless to say, I have been pinning away.

In a nutshell, Pinterest is a social media site that allows you to pin images of things that interest you to  online bulletin boards you create. Here is how it works.  Current members each receive 6 invitations to send out to their friends and once you receive an invite you can download the Pin It tool to your toolbar.  Or you can sign up on their site to be on the waiting list.  I hear it takes about a week to receive an invitation.

Once you are a member you can create a number of different boards to pin to.  For example I have boards that I categorized as: Photography Tips & Tricks, Photography Inspiration, Yum (for food), Things that Make Me Smile, etc.    As I see various things on the internet I pin them to the appropriate board.

What is great about Pinterest is that it allows you to organize your favorite sites and information found on the internet into visual boards that link back to the site.   You no longer have to have files on your computer of images that you saved from the internet (which I never am able to find later) or laundry lists of bookmarks that never get organized.   And the best part is you can repin stuff that other people have found and follow their boards.  How cool is that?

Here is just a small sampling of what I have found to be pinteresting.....

Lately, we have been talking about remodeling our bathroom, so I've created this Bathroom Inspiration board.   Here is one idea that I just love, if only my bathroom were bigger......



My husband and I have designated Fridays as Pizza and Cocktails night.  This is one cocktail we won't be trying....the BLT (bacon infused vodka--ick).




And if you know me, you know that I LOVE photography.  I've got a great photography board going to help keep me inspired for my Project 365.   I thought this photo was so clever!



Yep, this has become my new obsession.  Surfing the internet and pinning stuff to my boards.  You can follow me by clicking here.  And if you would like an invite to start pinning, just leave a comment below.  I have a few left and I'm sure you'll LOVE it!

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever considered adding more videos to your blog posts to keep the readers more entertained?

    I mean I just read through the entire article of yours and it was quite good but since I'm more of a visual

    learner,I found that to be more helpful well let me know how it turns out! I love what you guys are always

    up too. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the great works guys I've added you guys to my blogroll.

    This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information.. I will visit your blog regularly for some

    latest post.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment here. We request word verification to prevent the spammers out there. Thanks a lot!