• Home
  • Just Life
  • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment Reviews
  • Contact

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Back to School - And Fall TV Premiers!

Perhaps one of the only shining lights for my children about "Back to School" is that their favorite TV shows premier around the same time.  Throughout the summer they rely heavily on reruns, cooking shows and Netflix for entertainment.  Oh, and of course a heavy dose of the Wii.  This summer the new Nintendo Harry Potter Lego Years 1-4 game was released and that has provided hours of fun for my fantatical Harry Potter kids. 

This fall my children look forward to the return of NBC's "Chuck", and "The Office". Some friends are hooked on "Community", so we'll check it out.  My kids also like ABC's "Modern Family" and Fox's "Glee".  They are lamenting the fact that "Lost" is no more.  Those are their mainstays.  That is, after they finish all of their homework and chores.  Which they do without much complaint.  It's also convenient that we have TiVo,  That has really provided a way to escape from those loud commercials and get right to the show.  I totally love my TiVo

OK, now I know some of you moms out there are wondering about my children's ability to read a book, have a quiet evening after dinner and hit the school books once more.  Well, they all do well in school without my assistance (thank goodness), and I limit their TV time to about 1 hour a night.  If it weren't for TiVo, that might not be possible.  So a little TV time is ok with me.  I thoroughly enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here. We request word verification to prevent the spammers out there. Thanks a lot!