• Home
  • Just Life
  • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment Reviews
  • Contact

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Another Milestone--Outdoor School


My daughter left on Tuesday for outdoor school. It is a week that she has been excited about and planning for since she brought the detailed packet home 3 weeks ago.

I must admit, I was surprised by her enthusiasm. After all, it seemed like only yesterday that she was the little Kindergartner girl crying most mornings when I dropped her off at school. My, how far she has come. Now, she is a responsible, self-motivated tween anxious and willing to go away for the week. To go off on her own. I'm so proud of her.

And now that she is away I have to say, I really miss her. I know she is having a great time. I know she is learning and growing and that this is an amazing experience but it feels so strange not having my only daughter around. Her brothers feel the same way. They, of course, won't admit that fact but they keeping asking, "Where's C?" And when I ask, "Do you miss her?" They quietly say, "yes."

She'll be home on Friday and I can't wait to pick her up (12 sharp). My plan is to take her to lunch and pepper her with questions. To pull out of her as much as she is willing to share and to tell her how much I love her and missed her.

1 comment:

  1. I miss my son too. When I ask his brothers if they miss him they loudly say No. I know the dog misses him too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment here. We request word verification to prevent the spammers out there. Thanks a lot!