• Home
  • Just Life
  • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment Reviews
  • Contact

Monday, May 17, 2010

Volunteering--It's Getting In the Way

This month when I saw that the Yahoo Motherboard topic was on volunteering, I thought how great--I can easily write about that.  However,  my volunteer work got in the way and what I thought would be a fast turn around has taken me nearly a week to accomplish.

My volunteer commitments seem to be getting in the way of a lot lately as my mounds of laundry, disorganized kitchen table, cluttered dining room table and my messy office can attest to.

Yes, right now I am in the throes of co-chairing my children's school silent auction and needless to say most everything else in my life has been put on the back burner.  Between getting donations, putting together an auction booklet, and updating our auction blog, I find that I don't have time for much else.

I hate to admit it, but I don't remember the last time I took my dog for a walk or when I cooked a meal from scratch.  My fridge is practically empty and frozen foods from Trader Joe's and rotisserie chickens from Costco are my new best friends.

But all that will change come June 2.  Yes, on June 2  I'm going to get my personal life back in order.  And I'm going to take into consideration the great advice I've gleaned from the other Yahoo! Motherboard posts.  I'll try to figure out how to say "yes" to less like Chefdrucks Musing and if I find I can't do that, then heck, I'm going to embrace the fact that I, too, am one of THOSE PTA moms just like Beccarama.

7 comments:

  1. Ah, the silent auction, that's quite a task. I hope it goes well and that maybe you place a winning bid on a great massage or mani-pedi that you get to enjoy in early June.

    Kim (fellow Motherboarder)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a veteran of 2 Silent Auctions and more wrapping paper sales than one woman should be forced to endure -- I support your right to say no! That's what I'm doing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm taking you out for a two-martini lunch on June 2nd! I know how hard you've been working. Thanks for all your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt your community will be grateful for your hard work, but it sounds like you'll certainly have earned your summer vacation. Good luck with the silent auction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you get good rest soon. (I always think that if every one did a little bit, then no one would be this burdened!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all of the well wishes. I'm soooo looking forward to a mani-pedi & martini--hmmm both at the same time sounds like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on reaching that light at the end of the tunnel (less than 2 weeks til June 2nd! Hooray!) Enjoy your upcoming freedom!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment here. We request word verification to prevent the spammers out there. Thanks a lot!