• Home
  • Just Life
  • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment Reviews
  • Contact

Friday, May 21, 2010

One of Those Days

Have you ever had one of those days where try as you might, things just don't go your way?  Today, was one of those days for me.  I won't bore you with all of the details but suffice it to say, it was a looooong day!  Work had it's glitches, school commitments had their challenges, and the hubby, who has been out of town for the past couple of days, got delayed.

The bright side was..... when I picked up my son from his play date he presented me with tissue paper flowers that he made for me at school today (and the play date turned into a sleepover--thank you E).  And if that is not enough turn a frown upside down, there is nothing like having a treasured friend invite you over for a glass bottle of good wine.

Unfortunately the fun was cut short because the two kids I left at home called me at 8 p.m. all nervous about being alone.  Evidently they "accidentally" told a telemarketer that I wasn't home--what happened to the don't answer the phone unless it is mommy or daddy calling rule?   Realizing that they just let a stranger know that they were home alone, they kind of  wigged out--this is fodder for a whole other post.

So after the frantic call, I cut the night short, drove back around the corner (yes, I could have walked) only to find my darling son and daughter waiting outside in the front yard for me.  So much for a relaxing night out with a friend.

Needless to say, I'm ready for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here. We request word verification to prevent the spammers out there. Thanks a lot!